Saturday, April 20, 2013

Quad love or why I love my new board

I just got a new board last week. A custom shape (resembling a Dwart) from my friends at Ocean Pulse in Newport,Or. I decided to go with the 5 fin setup vs. the traditional thruster. I've always been a huge fan of quads since back in the 90's when Pottz was riding a twinzer; I went nuts. There is just something about the speed and overall freedom of a quad. Maybe freedom is the wrong word but when all you've ever ridden is a thruster, stepping onto a quad is like taking the training wheels off your bike for the first time.

So when the time came to order my new board it was a no-brainer that I would choose to go with the 5 fin/convertible setup. I love the fact that I can change the fins depending on the waves and conditions if the surf. I even purchased the FCS vs. Knubster (which I will be reviewing sometime during the upcoming weeks) for a little more stability and control down the line.

I honestly don't remember a time when I was more stoked about a new board or the summer waves in the Pacific Northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment