Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Kelly Slater Roam Boardshorts by Quiksilver

I recently received a pair of Kelly Slater Roam boardshorts by Quiksilver, so thought I would share my personal opinion of them with you. My first impression; fresh out of the packaging, was very positive. The colors were brighter than I expected and they were constructed with a strong but lightweight material. We recently had our first really nice day in our corner of the world so I broke these out for a test run... err surf. I was surprised how comfortable they were. They were not so long that I looked like an escapee from the 90's, but not so short that I felt like i was wearing boxers; a comfortable 21'.

The Roam uses Quiksilver's Cypher Technology, which boasts a four-way stretch diamond dobby construction, water repellant treatment, double up closure system, diamond fly, and stretch hems. All that may just seem like a lot of technical mumbo jumbo from the label (which it is), but in reality all those little things add up to a killer pair of boardies. The thing I loved the most was how quickly they shorts dried after getting out of the water! We are talking minutes; they were dry as a bone. They even have Slater's signature embroidered on the pocket which was kind of cool. I've owned many pairs of boardshorts in my lifetime but I can honestly say I was nothing but impressed by these and I would recommend them to everyone.They're comfortable, affordable, and very well made.

If you want to check them out for yourself, click here for a picture of them at Quiksilver.com and scroll down to see my official review for these boardies!

 photo boardies5_zps5ed69684.png  photo boardies6_zps4fde652b.png  photo boardies3_zpsc53fb3e5.png  photo boardies4_zpsd7500275.png  photo boardies2_zps199d3eef.png  photo boardies1_zpse50cd03b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment